Thursday 13 November 2014

MY SECOND TRIMESTER ESSENTIALS.


Having just entered my 18th week of pregnancy I've discovered a few items and products that have become my essentials that have helped me out over these grueling past couple of weeks! I'm a firm believer in finding bargains and only having the occasional splurge so the majority of these products (if not all) are totally affordable.


1. & 2. Maternity leggings and jeans. I think I speak for many pregnant ladies when I say during the second trimester your old clothes start to feel a bit tight. Sometimes through pregnancy weight gain, the majority of the time due to your uterus growing. It's not great wearing jeans or leggings that cut into your belly - you feel sick, you feel like you need to pee waaay more than usual, you feel like your whole body is expanding; last thing you want are tight bottoms cutting off your circulation! My personal favourites are these MAMA leggings from H&M, they're £7.99, they're not see-through and they are so comfy and versatile - I wore them throughout the whole of my last pregnancy! My favourite jeans at the moment are these maternity Moto black ripped Leigh jeans from Topshop, they're £40 but completely worth the money, especially seeing as most girls during pregnancy (especially the last stages) seem to alternate between the same 2-3 outfits haha, I certainly did/do! The way I see it is when you're pregnant, why substitute style for comfort when you can have both? I find that H&M and Topshop are the best retailers for affordable pregnancy style.



















3. Pregnancy pillows. I SWEAR by these pillows. They helped me through so much discomfort during my last pregnancy and the start of my current pregnancy too. The V pillow can be found on Amazon, the one here is £6.50 and can be used during sleep, to support your baby if you choose to breastfeed and also just for physical support when your baby is laying down (not to be used unsupervised). The full body pillow is slightly more pricey at £45.99 by DreamGenii and can be found at many retailers including Amazon. This pillow is quite big and takes up a bit of space in bed but the benefits make up for it. It helps support your growing belly, helps keep you laying on your side with the back support pillow section, and the long part of the pillow helps keep you comfortable on your side by cushioning between your legs.



















4. Comfy wireless bras! Recently I've been wearing a LOT of wireless bra's, what with all the hormone changes and body changes I'm going through, I just want to be comfortable! 2 bra's that I've been loving are these from GapBody (for £16.95) and Matalan (for £6). They are both so comfortable and can be worn around the house or out, as you would a normal bra. The only thing I'd mention to consider is if you have bigger bust these types of bra may not offer much support. 

5. Holy Grail cream. This stuff is amazing, honestly. I swear by this! (I swear by a lot of these things, I know!) I use this every night on any spots or scars on my face and body and in days I can notice that spots are gone, scars are fading and that my skin is smoother. I can honestly say that I'm going to use this cream for the rest of my life. I started using this on my old stretch marks from my previous pregnancy and I can already notice them fading, it'll be preventing many more from forming throughout this pregnancy too. I definitely recommend buying a cream like this to add into your daily/nightly skin routine. I bought mine from Boots for £3.25!

Hope this can help those of you who are curious about pregnancy or those who are approaching their second or third trimester, stay tuned for more pregnancy-related posts.

Jessica,

x














No comments:

Post a Comment