Friday 18 July 2014

HOUSE PROGRESS // BEDROOM, HALLWAY AND BEAUTY ROOM.

I've recently been doing some painting, it kinda feels like I've been desperate to get the house perfect so I can finally relax and enjoy my beautiful daughter and this lovely weather we've been having - nothing wrong with that I guess. There's still a lot to do, but I'm getting there each month. This month I've painted the entryway and landing, the beauty room and our bedroom.

Before...



After...

I'm so happy with how the colour turned out, I think it goes really well with the colour of the roller blinds too. The shade is 'Fresh Stem' in matt from Dulux. I originally went with 'Putting Green' from Dulux but I felt that it was too green, if that makes sense? After seeing the walls finished with this colour on I'm convinced that I made the right decision in changing colours. At the moment B&Q have a Dulux promotion on which features 2 2.5L paint tubs for £24, I think we're going to take advantage of the promotion for when we paint our living room too! I'm still yet to paint the skirting boards.. we did gloss the doors and skirting boards upstairs but the finish was not as we expected, so I think we're going to sand it all down and paint it with either Dulux or Crown satinwood as it will last longer than a cheaper brand. I also need to get a blind, curtain or voile panel for the front door (for privacy and light blocking), find a big mirror for the top of the stairs and find some frames to hang family pictures.


I wouldn't really call this a 'before' picture, but this room originally had green walls (it was a little boy's bedroom) then I painted it magnolia as a quick fix when we moved in. As we've (I've) started decorating, I wanted to make this my room and wanted it to be how I imagined it - white room with white furniture and pops of colour, mainly pink.. haha! This week I painted it, using a trade white paint, then I put up these basic white shelves which were £9.99 each from Homebase. The flowers that are ontop of the shelf were from Next, they were £8 and I thought they'd suit the room perfectly and match the flower fairy lights which I'll be featuring in a post soon. The chest of drawers are from IKEA, they were £35 each, bargain! I'm still yet to take the door off, this month I'll be getting my dressing table, chair, mirror and muji storage. I'm also looking at getting an acrylic wall unit for my nail varnish to free up some space on the drawers. I'll be posting an updated beauty room post once I've bought the rest of the furniture, including a chair that I'll be upcycling!!



(there's Emilia on the bed!)


Our room, like the beauty room was painted magnolia, it's quite a long and narrow room so we decided to paint it white in the hopes that it would open the room up and make it look bigger. I bought white voile panels for the curtain rail and I'm currently waiting for some white blackout blinds to be delivered. I think we're going to stick with white and blue for the colourscheme as it's quite simple but effective. Things to buy: 3 40x50cm RIBBA photo frames from IKEA, 2 big white or cream table lamps, a white ladder shelving unit for the corner next to the window, a big white mirror for the wall next to the wardrobe, a cream or white rug (probably cream) and a lamp shade, possibly a pendant one. Like the other rooms I'm still yet to satinwood the skirting boards! Stay tuned for more house updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment