Tuesday 10 February 2015

WHAT'S IN MY TODDLER'S CHANGING BAG? // FEAT. BABYMEL CARA.


This is the Babymel Cara bag, purchased for £58 at Mothercare. This was probably the second or third changing bag that I've bought and I LOVE it - I'm going to try and keep it, even with the second baby as it is very spacious compared to other changing bags. Its dimensions are 31cm x 45cm x 15.5cm, which after doing my research I discovered is bigger than most changing bags that are designed for 2 babies, let alone 1. It has 2 separate compartments for nappies and a zipped section for things like keys and things you'd want to keep safe, the bag also has 2 exterior side pockets and a large front pocket. It comes with a bottle warmer (I personally didn't use it as Emilia was breastfed for 10 months and preferred cold milk after that) and a matching changing mat.



nappy sacks from Asda, £1.48 for a pack of  150. little angels sensitive wipes from Asda. £7 for 12 packs of 64 wipes. Bepanthen from Asda, £5 for a 100g tube. Pampers Baby Dry nappies from Amazon, approx £20 for a pack of  174. (depending on size and type).


Nuby no-spill flexistraw sippy cup from Amazon, pack of 2 for £5.99. Tommee Tippee Explora Active Sipper from Amazon, £3.36 each. Not sure where the weaning bowl was from but can find one similar at Asda for £4.99.


hat and mittens set from Matalan, £5. spare vest, socks, top and leggings.


Minnie Mouse bag which holds: purse, Nivea Kids sun cream, Detinox teething gel, Victoria's Secret body spray, various lipsticks and lipgloss, Extra chewing gum and 2 clean bibs.


2 Peppa Pig books from Amazon, approx £2.50 each which Emilia is obsessed with! Mamas and Papas sensory toy/doll for £12.95.


in the front compartment: a  cotton muslin cloth and a padded changing mat (that came with the changing bag).

I hope this post gave some idea as to how great this changing bag is and how much you can fit in it. I think I'll be purchasing an organiser/separate storage compartment to keep baby number 2's nappies and toiletries in so I won't have to get a new changing bag, as I love it so much. As pictured, we buy a lot of things in bulk as they're often cheaper than buying things separately and are easier than buying them over and over again, especially things like wipes and nappies. I always keep a spare pair of clothes and socks for Emilia in case she has an accident or spills food/drink on herself, I keep a sippy cup for both her milk and juice as well as a container for her snacks (which at the moment are mostly rice cakes, cheese cubes, blueberries and chopped grapes). I also make sure to always keep some kind of toy and book with me just in case we have to wait a while or just to keep little miss entertained. 

Stay tuned for more baby/pregnancy related posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment