Monday 23 March 2015

WHAT'S IN MY C-SECTION HOSPITAL BAG?


This is my hospital bag, I'm pretty sure it's from Avon, it was a gift so I'm not sure how much it cost. It very spacious and I use it anytime we go away - it's got a lot of compartments and it's very lightweight. Oh, and it's pink!


Inside: Belvita breakfast biscuits (I live off these!!), Go Ahead bars, Twinings Peppermint tea (good for easing pains and indigestion after c-sections), 40 pack of breast pads, pack of Pampers New Baby nappies (couldn't fit in baby's bag), Always night sanitary towels, toiletries bag & make-up bag (both £4 from Primark), grey hard-bottomed slippers (great for if you can't bend down after c-section, £4 from Morrisons), 5 pairs of full briefs (more comfy on the c-section scar than normal underwear, £4 from Primark), 2 nursing bra's (£20 for 2 pack from Mothercare), dark bath towel, 2 sets of pyjama's (trouser and vest top type) and one nightie (for first night whilst the catheter and drains are in).





Inside my toiletries bag: roll-on deodorant (it's hard to keep up with personal hygiene after a c-section but roll-on helps and makes you feel 10 x better!), a flannel for washes or to help in the shower, baby wipes for freshening up, a wash bag to take to the bathroom, toothpaste, tooth brush & holder, Original Source shower gel and Garnier moisturiser (last time I didn't moisturise enough in hospital, plus it's just one extra thing to make you feel a bit better after surgery).

Things that I'm taking that aren't pictured are my dressing gown, lip balm, a headband, my tangleteezer and hair products, a throw blanket, my pregnancy pillow, my Kindle and phone (and charger!!!!). Hope this post helped anyone who's having a c-section soon or a normal birth! I'm trying to be prepared seeing as I'm scheduled to have mine in a fortnight. Let me know if I've missed anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment